Strong Finishes at Track & Field Championships
Hackley Girls Track & Field captured second place in the NYSAIS meet, led by several individual event champions. Boys Track & Field finished fourth, just five points out of the top three, with several outstanding individual finsihes. Together, they concluded another outstanding season for HackleyTrack and Field.
Top Results: Girls
Top Results: Boys
- Zoe Naughton won the pole vault with a personal best jump of 7’6” then cleared 5’ in the high jump to claim her second gold of the day.
- Olivia Curran qualified for the State meet by winning the 3000m in a new personal record of 10:32.5 and later placed sixth in the1500m.
- Jasmyn Phillips was second in the 100m high hurdles with a season best time of 16.52.
- Eve Spencer was fifth in the 2K steeplechase.
- Hadassah Henderson won the discus with a personal best throw of 87’4” and placed third in the shot put.
- Katelyn Qu was second in the pole vault.
- Kiki Abbey finished second in the triple jump with a leap of 33’.
- The 400m relay placed third overall.
- Jordan Johnson captured gold in the shot put with a throw of 43’7.5” and also placed 6th in the discus.
- Tahryam Toure was second in the high jump clearing 5’10”.
- Brendan Distefano finished second in the 3K steeple chase.
- Josh Saha finished second in the 400m hurdles, qualifying for States in the process.
- Jonah Gorevic was fourth in the 2mile.
- Sam Perlman placed fourth in the discus and third in shot put with personal bests in both events.
- The Boys 400m relay finished second, and qualified for the State meet.