Athletes of the Week, 1/14 and 1/21
Hackley Athletics recognized six Athletes of the Week over the last two weeks.
Athletes of the Week for the week of January 14th are Jasmyn Phillips ’21 (Track and Field), Max Bryant ’21 (Boys Fencing), Matt Weile ’20 (Boys Basketball) and Brendan DiStefano ’22 (Track and Field).
- At the Molloy Stanner Games at the Armory, Jasmyn ’21 won 55m hurdles and came in 2nd in 55m dash. An incredible accomplishment.
- Max ’21 is currently 19-2 on the season in Boys’ Foil fencing. He is one of the key reasons the Foil Teams remains undefeated.
- Matt ’20 is currently leading the team in points per game with 16.1 and is in the top three in rebounds with 8.6. Most recently his performance helped lead the team to a victory over Ivy League foe Fieldston.
- Brendan ’22 ran the fastest freshman time on record at Hackley posting a 4:47 in the mile at the Ivy League Meet this past weekend. He beat his PR by over six seconds.
Athletes of the Week for the week of 1/21 are Robert Horan ’21 (Wrestling) and Kathryn Fernholz ’20 (Girls Fencing).
- Robert ’21 won the Westchester County championship in his division.
- After a difficult week, Kathryn ’20 rallied the team and won her contests 5-2, 5-4, 5-4 to help the Girls Fencing Team to victory.