Alumni Day 2019 Schedule
Join us on Alumni Day and reconnect with your Hilltop! Click READ MORE for a detailed schedule of the day. Alumni from all classes are welcome! Please note that events are subject to change
- 6:00 – 8:30 PM Dave Allison Memorial Soccer Game & BBQ, Pickert Field
- 6:30 PM Game: Girls Varsity Soccer vs. Trinity
- 5:30 – 8:30 PM Class of 1964 Reunion Dinner, Cassaletto’s, Elmsford, NY Email email@example.com for details
- 9:00 - 6:00 PM Registration:
- Grille Room 9:00AM-3:00PM
- Allen Memorial Hall 4:00-6:00PM
- 9:00 – 11:00 AM Continental Breakfast, Dining Hall
- 9:00 - 10:00 AM Fun Run/Walk (all ages welcome), Allison Trails - email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the run/walk *(Directions below)
- 9:00 – 4:00 PM Fitness Room opened to alumni, Walter C. Johnson Center for Health and Wellness. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult
- 9:00 – 4:00 PM Basketball Courts opened to alumni and their children, Walter C. Johnson Center for Health and Wellness. All must wear appropriate sneakers with white soles – black soled shoes are not allowed on the courts
- 10:00 - 11:00 AM Annual Meeting of the Hackley Alumni Association, King Chapel
- A new slate of HAA Board members will be elected, Christie Philbrick-Wheaton-Galvin, HAA President, will update alumni on the HAA Endowment and upcoming events, and Head of School Michael Wirtz will give his State of the School update. An honorary alumnus will be inducted.
- 11:00 -11:30 PM Memorial Service, King Chapel - Alumni, trustees, staff, and faculty members who died this past year will be remembered including special tributes to Doris Jackson and Phil Havens ’49.
- 11:30 - 1:30 PM Lunch, Dining Rooms
- 12:00 – 1:00 PM 50th Reunion Luncheon, Sternberg Library
- 12:00 – 12:45 PM Hackley Veterans Association Meeting & Lunch, Middle School Dining Room
- 1:00 – 2:30 PM Cookie Decorating-Hackley style, come decorate H’s and hornets with professional baker and Hackley parent Daniella Crispi of Zucchero, Teaching Kitchen at Walter C. Johnson Center for Health and Wellness, (all ages welcome)
- 12:45 – 1:25 PM Nature Walk with AP Biology Teacher Tessa Johnson, meet in Grille Room (all ages welcome)
- 1:00 – 2:30 PM Hackery/makerspace Demonstrations, Saperstein Room 107 (all ages welcome)
- 1:00 – 3:00 PM Boarding Open House with Erica Jablon, Director of Boarding and Hackley History Teacher, 3rd Floor Boarding Common Room (follow the signs in Grille Room) Tour the corridor and learn how the boarding program has evolved over the years. Treats will be served.
- 1:30 – 2:15 PM Chapel Talks, King Chapel. Chapel Talks are presented by Hackley faculty members and offer thoughts on a theme the speaker finds personally meaningful. Offered with honesty and humility, the topics range from the comical to motivational to deeply moving and personal.
- 2:30 PM Football vs. Hopkins, Pickert Field
- 3:00 PM Boys’ Soccer vs. Trinity, North Turf Field
- 3:00 PM Field Hockey vs. Horace Mann, South Turf Field
- 3:00 – 3:45 PM Creative Writing Workshop with Anne Siviglia, Room R123
- 5:00-6:30 PM Head of School Reception (Classes of 1970-2015) Allen Memorial Hall – must be 21 or older to attend
- 5:00-8:30 PM 50-Plus Club Reception (Gage House) & Dinner (Lindsay Room )(Classes of 1939 -1969)
- 6:30- 8:30 PM Special Reunion Dinner (Classes of 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2009, and 2014) under the tent on Akin Common!
Selfies with Mrs. Hackley in the Grille Room 9 AM – 2 PM and in Allen Memorial Hall 5:00 – 8:00 PM
- Campus Tours with Student Ambassadors, Tours begin in the Grille Room 12:00 – 3:00 PM
- Alumni Art Show, Hale 125 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Alumni Archives, Hackley Alumni Association Room, Goodhue Memorial Hall-Lower Level 11:30 AM –2:30 PM
- Hornet’s Nest, Hackley spirit wear will be on sale in the Grille Room in the afternoon and Allen Memorial Hall during the Head of School Reception
Shuttles will loop around campus 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
* Directions to the Alumni 5k Fun Run/Walk meeting location:
Enter campus from Benedict Avenue and follow the campus drive to the Quad, and then continue down the hill to circle towards the back of campus. Upon arriving at the fork just below the new Johnson Center for Health and Wellness (you can’t miss it!), stay to the right to head up Alumni Drive. Continue past Pickert Field (on right) and large parking lot (on left) and park near the softball and baseball fields to the right of the circle. Runners will meet at the trail sign across from the softball field.